no start help

L67 supercharged talk about modification, how to for making your car greater!

Moderator: sandman1

turbomustang84
GTP World USA #1

no start help

Postby turbomustang84 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:14 pm

i belong to several forums about the cars we own and really have had few actual issues that i could not figure out on my own with my 98 GTP until now .

i also am unsure of where to post this so if i am in the wrong section i am sorry ,but one day i went out to start the car and no fuel pump noise and no start after further investigation i found out that the fuel pump relay no longer clicked as it used to so i figured it was something other than the fuel pump.
i had already purchased a ignition switch because the dash lit up like a Christmas tree and even after turning the car off and taking the key out ,the key in ignition chime kept going.
but that was all fixed after ignition switch was changed and the car started and ran fine for a week then one day again no start
to eliminate the fuel pump relay as the culprit i replaced it and no go but sometimes it acts like it wants to start then nothing.

my question is could this be a crank sensor issue ? i have replaced fuel pumps on way too many vehicles to mention and i know the signs such as running poorly leaving you stranded by the side of the road etc etc but i have never had one perform perfectly then not start after sitting over night then suddenly start and have no sign of issues for a week.

my gut tells me it is not a fuel pump issue because when i actually hear the relay click it starts and runs fine but i am at the end of my rope and need someone to give me a direction to go in

i am a disabled cancer patient so money is an issue so just replacing part after part till i get the right one is not feasible for me and unfortunately i do not have a code reader for this car so is there a way to do it without one like there is on my ford sho ?
thanks in advance
gtpforever
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: no start help

Postby gtpforever » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:35 pm

I think that sounds like the fuel pump. If no sound comes from the tank for priming when you turn the key on then I would say its a definite that the pump is either not getting power OR its getting power but just a no go on the pump working. Sorry for the delay in replying to you here but the forums are getting more and more dead now. I keep this running for keeping info about the cars up and available for everyone. Most people use facebook for this stuff now.
If you want faster help I run may groups on facebook for these cars as well. The main one you can't see when searching cause it has a secret status on it and facebook won't let us remove that. But if you want to send me a friend request here........ https://www.facebook.com/troy.arnett.9
I can then add you to every group I run pretty easy. So much faster for help that way.
Now fixing....1998 Silvermist GTP with about 182,000 miles! Dead till fixed!!!!
Current Mods: XPZ, Stage 3 heads 150int/130exh, IRC bar/plate I/C, N*, 85mm maf, ZZP billet fuel logs, PRJ wires, 2.55, 2.8, 3.25, 3.4 pulleys and might have spun a bearing while dynoing!!!!! Worlds fastest GTP to get in the driveway to get rebuilt. No one comes close.
Image <<<<<Its BACK so watch out!
Good-luck to everyone who is true to the M90.....its like having a fat wife, sure a turbo (hot 120lb blond is better, but the M90 (fat wife) will be there forever!
2001goldGTP
GTP REAPER
GTP REAPER

Re: no start help

Postby 2001goldGTP » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:38 pm

Check for spark, then check for fuel. Do you have a set of noid lights? They will flash to show injecto pulse.
I didn't choose the W-body life
The W-body life chose me

Return to “W-body HorsePower Talk”