E-mail addresses and name searching

Recommendations, thoughts, comments, & suggestions.
Condore21
GTP World Blower Freak (4000 club)

Postby Condore21 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:01 am

I just happened to notice, before we used to be able to do PM's or if the person listed it, you could e-mail them directly. With the new site there is no way to get peoples e-mail addresses... Also, on most other forums, you are able to search the members list for a particular person. That is not so here. You have to go page by page until you get to the right letter in the alphabet. Anything we can do to rectify these?
eGTX03
GTP World Untouchable (1100 Club)

Postby eGTX03 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:29 pm

hey man, id say the easiest way ( and the way i have always msgd people ) is to find a post by them, and click on their name in the top left of the message, and then it will pop up his/her profile and you can then click the message button.... ill look into the others and see if there are any options for seaching members....

i like the new way, that way cant get ahold of your email address just by looking through our member list [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif[/img]
2003 Limited Edition GPGTX::Stage 3 By SLP
SLP mods::Ram-Air H-O Hood w/ GTX Cold-Air Box::SLP 2.5" Stainless Magnaflow Cat-Bak::3.5 pulley::Handling package::GMPP Tubular Trailing Arms::Scanguage II w/ XGUAGE::Poly Offset Motor Mounts (ZZP) :: Xenon Conversion::ZZP 1.0PCM::3 gauge A-pillar:: Stewart Warner Performance gauges ::Clear Corners
3" ZZP DP/HFcat::AL104's

COMING SOON :HEADERS/PEMs :: 3.4 MPS::
gtpforever
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby gtpforever » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:16 pm

^^^^^ Thats the way I have always messaged also.
Now fixing....1998 Silvermist GTP with about 182,000 miles! Dead till fixed!!!!
Current Mods: XPZ, Stage 3 heads 150int/130exh, IRC bar/plate I/C, N*, 85mm maf, ZZP billet fuel logs, PRJ wires, 2.55, 2.8, 3.25, 3.4 pulleys and might have spun a bearing while dynoing!!!!! Worlds fastest GTP to get in the driveway to get rebuilt. No one comes close.
Image <<<<<Its BACK so watch out!
Good-luck to everyone who is true to the M90.....its like having a fat wife, sure a turbo (hot 120lb blond is better, but the M90 (fat wife) will be there forever!
Condore21
GTP World Blower Freak (4000 club)

Postby Condore21 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:44 pm

Yea thats the same way I message. The point of the post was that there used to be 2 different e-mail addresses in our profiles. One was for PMing on the site itself and the other (if the member chose to) was their personal e-mail address. PM's don't always got through, or show up in a timely manner. Personal e-mail addresses usually show up faster and have less of a failure to receive rate.

Return to “Announcements & Updates”