Sorta New Guy

Introduce your self and tell us about your ride!!
rvnwlf
GTP World Sovereign

Sorta New Guy

Postby rvnwlf » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:01 am

<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="mso-tab-count: 1"> </span> Morning,</p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="mso-tab-count: 2"> </span> I am new to forums but I've had a GTP since 98.</p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>have a 98 coupe with 247,000 miles (wife's car now) A 02 40<sup>th</sup> Anniversary edition with 39,000 miles. Needless to say when I got the 02 I took most parts off of the 98 and installed them on the 02. Currently the 02 has the following mods.</p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"></p> <p> </p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Borla Catback (love the sound), 180 thermo, 3.4 pulley, Gatorback Belt, Thrasher CAI, ZZP PCM, aux trans cooler, aluminum trans pan, shift kit.</p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"></p> <p> </p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">In general I'm not much of a wrench turner but the GTP just get's me a little excited when people pull into that next lane to try and get in front of me <span style="FONT-FAMILY: Wingdings; mso-ascii-font-family: &#39;Times New Roman&#39;; mso-hansi-font-family: &#39;Times New Roman&#39;; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: Wingdings"> <span style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: Wingdings">J</span></span><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Often the reply is (DENIED…..)</p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"></p> <p> </p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I have recently read the getting started and I have to admit. I have not done anything with checking KR. I had the same setup on the 98 for 190,000 miles without problems.</p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"></p> <p> </p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Now it's time to start posting my questions.</p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"></p> <p> </p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Rvnwlf</p>
Condore21
GTP World Blower Freak (4000 club)

Sorta New Guy

Postby Condore21 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:18 am

Welcome to the site. I was just looking at your mods and it looks like you are lacking a little...
Borla Catback (love the sound), 180 thermo, 3.4 pulley, Gatorback Belt, Thrasher CAI, ZZP PCM, aux trans cooler, aluminum trans pan, shift kit.
You should look into a u-bend replacement for the exhaust (in front of the cat) Also, you should be running colder spark plugs than stock. (at least 2 heat ranges colder than stock with a 3.4" pulley) The trans cooler is a waste and could only do more harm then help. Everything else looks good, get some pics up in the Rides section.

Oh yea, I also answered your other thread in case you didn't see it.
rvnwlf
GTP World Sovereign

Sorta New Guy

Postby rvnwlf » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:32 am

By the looks of the threads Autolite 104's would be what I want? I've seen those mentioned quite a bit.

Would there be a u-bend replacement that is recommended or more commenly used?
There are two things I will not work on myself. Exhaust and Struts/Springs.
Condore21

Sorta New Guy

Postby Condore21 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:57 pm

Yes, autolite 104's are what you are looking to get. Also, you can ge a whole downpipe that goes from the rear manifold to the cat-back system. 3" is usually what most people get. It will open flow up more and replace that nasty u-bend. You can do it urself if you get the bolt-in type. Its 2 15mm nuts on the back of the manifold, 2 rubber hangers near the cat, un-plug and take out the rear O2 sensor, 2 bolts down by the cat and thats it. Oh yea, replace gaskets...
rvnwlf
GTP World Sovereign

Sorta New Guy

Postby rvnwlf » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:37 pm

<p>Would this be a good choice?

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=551&catid=110">http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=551&catid=110</a>

If so what model and options??</p>
Condore21

Sorta New Guy

Postby Condore21 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:02 pm

Thats the one. Choices are up to you, all depends on how much money, how long you plan on keeping the car, if you plan on doing any other exhaust mods. Personally, I went with the T304 stainless bolt-in catted downpipe with the gasket set. Which of course is the most expensive one they have, but I also did not plan on doing headers. Now I have headers waiting to be installed. So for durability I would get the T304, for ease of install I would get the bolt-in, and if your state requires it for inspection I would get the catted DP. You will not need the O2 extention harness b/c you do not have an 04+ model. I will give you this warning, most (not all) O2 sensors go bad when you change them from stock position to the new position in the DP. It will set a code (usually P0420). You can replace the O2 sensor if it goes bad, or you can just get an O2 emulator and be done with it. <a target="_blank" href="http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=834">http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=834</a>

Return to “Welcome!”