Second GTP

Introduce your self and tell us about your ride!!
RWGTP01
GTP World Cadet

Second GTP

Postby RWGTP01 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:22 pm

Hi everyone nice to see so many other GTP fans. I just bought my second GTP its a 2001 sedan with 222 000 km on it. its black and has no modifications done to it. I have a couple of questions about the car, i never really got to know my other car except that the air bags worked. my gas gage is not reading correct and when ever i take off from after i start the engine there is a groan. if anyone can give me a idea as to what it may be let me know thanks. Again its nice to meet everyone
Condore21
GTP World Blower Freak (4000 club)

Second GTP

Postby Condore21 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:32 pm

First of all, Image to the site. If your gas gauge is not reading correctly, it could be 1 of 2 things. 1, your fuel sending unit could be bad (inside the gas tank) or 2, your instrument cluster could be bad. As for the groan from the engine, can you describe it any better than that? Maybe post up a video in the GTP horsepower talk section. With the car in park, rev up the engine from under the hood and see if it makes the noise then. If not, it could be your transmission. <p>
</p>
RWGTP01
GTP World Cadet

Second GTP

Postby RWGTP01 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:05 am

It's exactly that it just a quick groan when ever i put the car in drive/reverse it doesn't matter what gear of drive i start in either. But it only happens when the car is put into gear after you turn the car on. So when i put it into park then put it back into drive the noise does not return. but if i turn the car off then start it once again and put it back into gear the noise returns. its got me boggled. as far as the transmission goes it goes into gear smoothly and shifts smoothly. Ill see what i can do about posting a video thanks for the help

Return to “Welcome!”