YO! i'm new to this site and need some info!!please help

Introduce your self and tell us about your ride!!
1slowGTPlol
GTP World Enthusiast

Postby 1slowGTPlol » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:24 pm

first off let me tell you a little about my car!
I have a 97 black GTP coupe with 135K miles. I haven't really done anything to my car except a 3.4 pulley and a KandN filter.I have no idea what i can do.
that's where u guys come in..
What do you guys recommend i do to my car first??
gtpforever
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby gtpforever » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:07 pm

I recommend that you take a read through this link here...................... <a title="http://gtpworldforum.yuku.com/topic/442" target="_blank" href="http://gtpworldforum.yuku.com/topic/442">Official read first thread!</a> It will allow you to learn about what you are going to be doing to your car if that 3.4 pulley is not supported correctly. KR (knock retard) is a big issue with these cars and you want it to be at 0* at all times and when they are stock they will have a little but since you have added the 3.4 with nothing supporting it but the filter then you are probably getting a large amount of KR right now. Take a look at that thread and then see what the supporting mods for the 3.4 are. Mods for these cars can get pricey sometimes so welcome to the world of spending money. LOL!Image
Now fixing....1998 Silvermist GTP with about 182,000 miles! Dead till fixed!!!!
Current Mods: XPZ, Stage 3 heads 150int/130exh, IRC bar/plate I/C, N*, 85mm maf, ZZP billet fuel logs, PRJ wires, 2.55, 2.8, 3.25, 3.4 pulleys and might have spun a bearing while dynoing!!!!! Worlds fastest GTP to get in the driveway to get rebuilt. No one comes close.
Image <<<<<Its BACK so watch out!
Good-luck to everyone who is true to the M90.....its like having a fat wife, sure a turbo (hot 120lb blond is better, but the M90 (fat wife) will be there forever!
Condore21
GTP World Blower Freak (4000 club)

Postby Condore21 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:07 am

So where are you located? Maybe there is a member close by that can assist you with modding your car. BTW, welcome to the site.
1slowGTPlol
GTP World Enthusiast

Postby 1slowGTPlol » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:43 am

well i live in waukegan, il. just north of chicago. thanks!
1slowGTPlol
GTP World Enthusiast

Postby 1slowGTPlol » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:45 am

thanks man! i'll catch up on that reading right now lol
man i actually think i have that knock. well that link explain more what i sounds like or can you help me with that? i actually just thought something broke in my supercharger. but if this can be fixed without buying a whole new one. i must know how lol
thanks again!
saxplaya07
GTP World Janitor (3000 Club)

Postby saxplaya07 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:43 am

Image and you will need a scantool to check for knock retard.....and if i were you i would get that pulley off ASAP..... i'd be willing to bet its only hurting you right now check this link

<a target="_blank" href="http://aeroforcetech.com/">http://aeroforcetech.com/</a>

and make sure you read all of the read first thread...its THAT necessary. [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif[/img] and you said you think something broke in your supercharger??? if you can get a video of it uploaded for us we can help you out more. does the noise change when you raise the rpms???
1slowGTPlol
GTP World Enthusiast

Postby 1slowGTPlol » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:59 pm

well there is a loud knocking sound in the supercharger, i'll try to get a video up asap.
and actually when my raise my rpms the noise goes away.
Condore21
GTP World Blower Freak (4000 club)

Postby Condore21 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:19 am

It could be a bad coupler if it makes the noise during idle and then goes away when you raise the rpms. Does it make a rattling noise? Where are you located?
1slowGTPlol
GTP World Enthusiast

Postby 1slowGTPlol » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:59 pm

yea it makes a rattling noise. i've actually been told by a few mechanics around here that it is a coupler so idk.
and i'm located in waukegan, il just north of chicago

Return to “Welcome!”