A newbie who needs helps, what else is new? ha.

Introduce your self and tell us about your ride!!
ArkanzanWheeler
SUPER MODERATOR!!
SUPER MODERATOR!!

Postby ArkanzanWheeler » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:43 pm

That is why I like my car, quick take off, fast cruising speeds, and a comfortable ride and all the luxury of a normal slower car...
2000 Daytona GTP
under0ath
GTP World High Chieftan

Postby under0ath » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:18 pm

yeah you are right <a target="_blank" href="http://Arkanzan-Wheeler.u.yuku.com" title="Arkanzan Wheeler's Profile">Arkanzan Wheeler</a>, the GTP is a pretty well rounded car. My friend was just telling me that a stock 97-03 GTP can do 0-60 in 6.3 seconds, I call that pretty fast and thats just the beginning of what it could be with mods, just like most of everyones car on this forum.
gtpforever
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby gtpforever » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:57 pm

copterdoctor wrote:115,000 km is actually really low mileage by GTP standards (about 72,000 miles). my car (if I did the conversion right) is just under 308,000KM (+191,300 miles) on the odometer. It is also a 2000.

To give you an idea on the limits, ZZperformance.com has a grand prix that will run the quarter mile in well under 9 seconds. Granted it is built and twincharged, but it gives you an idea of the capabilities.

Very close on the miles conversion there,...... 115000KM = 71457.7 with my calculator. LOL!

Now for the cars, you can choose either one but need to look at the fact that the one with the MSD ignition will require some immediate attention to the plug wires and coils probably. Not a definite but if it were me I would get the stock stuck back on there. Now for both cars I would look into them to see about the previous owner to try to find out if they were taken care of like they should have been. Don't make the mistake like my wife did and just jump on the first one you can cause it can really come back to bite you in the ass in the end. I have had 3 GTP's and out of the 3 only 1 of them has given issues continuously accept for if it is something I have caused myself. The one 1 I am talking about is my wifes. LOL! She paid just over $5000 plus tax for her's and has had issues and I paid $4000 for my current one and no real issues other than from me modding it. LOL! My previous 1 I paid $3800 for it and never had one issue at all ever then I wrecked it and now it is being build by another member on here.
Now fixing....1998 Silvermist GTP with about 182,000 miles! Dead till fixed!!!!
Current Mods: XPZ, Stage 3 heads 150int/130exh, IRC bar/plate I/C, N*, 85mm maf, ZZP billet fuel logs, PRJ wires, 2.55, 2.8, 3.25, 3.4 pulleys and might have spun a bearing while dynoing!!!!! Worlds fastest GTP to get in the driveway to get rebuilt. No one comes close.
Image <<<<<Its BACK so watch out!
Good-luck to everyone who is true to the M90.....its like having a fat wife, sure a turbo (hot 120lb blond is better, but the M90 (fat wife) will be there forever!
under0ath
GTP World High Chieftan

Postby under0ath » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:06 am

I was thinking of going with the stock GTP, just because like you said its better that i do the modding myself properly then getting someone elses car who did not mod right. <a target="_blank" href="http://gtpforever.u.yuku.com" title="gtpforever's Profile">gtpforever</a>, I don't want to run into your situation with spending lots of money on repairs. I want to make sure that the car is in good condition and really taken care of. I guess I will try to listen to the engine at idle and when I am driving it to see if I can hear any KR. I am also hoping that the owner will allow me to bring the car to my mechanic, because he has known me a long time and I can always trust him to give me the truth about the car. Plus I think it would be more fun for me to do everything to the car myself and really make it my project.
ArkanzanWheeler
SUPER MODERATOR!!
SUPER MODERATOR!!

Postby ArkanzanWheeler » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:47 am

Talk to the owners of both of the cars and see if they will let you take it into a mechanic that you trust to check it over and do a compression check and all that good stuff. Even if you are mechanical you might over look something because you really want the car. From what you have said about both cars I would take my chances with the slightly modded one since it has some exhaust work already done and the 3.4" pulley already on it. I would check the plugs when you get it and make sure they are 104's or the equivalent. Also talk to the owner and see if he sounds like he know what he is doing, if he is online maybe find out his screen name and who know what stuff some of the guys here can find out about how he modded.
2000 Daytona GTP
DarkRelic
GTP World Janitor (3000 Club)

Postby DarkRelic » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:36 am

sometimes the reason for selling is just as important too. Find out why they are selling it.

People typically sell for only a few reasons. Boredom (they move on to something newer, faster, better), mechanical failure (usually self induced), Poor economics (they need fast cash, and what better way than to sell of your only ride to the welfare office LOL)

Now they may try to butter up their words, but it typically boils down to one of these three options.
-Matt
-250,xxx miles
3.4"pulley Gen V, SLP RR, SLP Headers/Cat-Back, ZZP PCM, Eibach/AGX suspension, GMPP full upgrade kit, GMPP rear STB, WBS Perf. control arms (all 4 corners), TEP 3.29 transmission, F-Body Brakes, Modified Projector Headlights, CAI, 180*therm, AL104, WBS OS Radiator, 18x7.5" Verde Protocol Wheels
under0ath
GTP World High Chieftan

Postby under0ath » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:45 pm

s
ometimes the reason for selling is just as important too. Find out why they are selling it.

People typically sell for only a few reasons. Boredom (they move on to something newer, faster, better), mechanical failure (usually self induced), Poor economics (they need fast cash, and what better way than to sell of your only ride to the welfare office LOL)

Now they may try to butter up their words, but it typically boils down to one of these three options.
I agree, knowing why someone is selling their car is important to know. The lady who owns the red GTP said that she has a new car and no more room for the GTP. she also said that she has all of the maintenance records from the day that she purchased the car. The owner of the grey GTP says that he needs the cash, because he needs some extra money for Christmas, so I am hoping they will both let me bring their cars to a mechanic. thanks for the advice <a target="_blank" href="http://copterdoctor.gtpworldforum.yuku.com" title="copterdoctor's Profile">copterdoctor</a>.
Talk to the owners of both of the cars and see if they will let you take it into a mechanic that you trust to check it over and do a compression check and all that good stuff. Even if you are mechanical you might over look something because you really want the car. From what you have said about both cars I would take my chances with the slightly modded one since it has some exhaust work already done and the 3.4" pulley already on it. I would check the plugs when you get it and make sure they are 104's or the equivalent. Also talk to the owner and see if he sounds like he know what he is doing, if he is online maybe find out his screen name and who know what stuff some of the guys here can find out about how he modded.
Well he didn't give me a screen name or anything, but if you happen to spot someone who is selling a GTP in Calgary maybe they might be the one. He doesn't have a 3.4 pulley, that car was sold unfortunatly but this car seems pretty nice in the picture anyway. His car seems to look ok in the engine bay, but I am also new to the GTP so it hard for me to spot anything odd or out of place. Thankyou for the advice as well <a target="_blank" href="http://Arkanzan-Wheeler.u.yuku.com" title="Arkanzan Wheeler's Profile">Arkanzan Wheeler</a>
under0ath
GTP World High Chieftan

Postby under0ath » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:57 pm

so I am going to see the red GTP, its a 2000 4 door. It has cloth interior, and like I already posted 112,000 kms. They are now asking $6500 so I am hoping I can talk them down to $6000 this all being Canadian. My mechanic has looked at the car and all of the service records and the car is all good, 100% bone stock so I might have the car by tomorrow afternoon! I just wish the weather wasn't -38 degree celcious, again I have no idea what that is in ferniheight, but its pretty cold.
ArkanzanWheeler
SUPER MODERATOR!!
SUPER MODERATOR!!

Postby ArkanzanWheeler » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:29 pm

Cloth interior in a GTP is not very common, that does not mean that it is worth more than a normal GTP though...it would be less. Be sure to get a quote from Kelly Blue Book and NADA before you go look at it to know what the prices are in your area for that car... Good Luck
2000 Daytona GTP
under0ath
GTP World High Chieftan

Postby under0ath » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:05 pm

Cloth interior in a GTP is not very common, that does not mean that it is worth more than a normal GTP though...it would be less. Be sure to get a quote from Kelly Blue Book and NADA before you go look at it to know what the prices are in your area for that car... Good Luck

I was thinking that it is pretty rare to see a GTP without leather interior, I think leather would be better to tell you the truth, but I am just looking at the car today to make sure everything is well and good, thanks for the advice for checking Kelly Blue Book that helps a lot.

Return to “Welcome!”