New member please forgive me for the picture quality....

Introduce your self and tell us about your ride!!
lastcoupe
GTP World Enthusiast

Postby lastcoupe » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:02 pm

Hello everyone! I'm Bill, a 35 year-old professional automotive technician. I'm very excited about my recent purchase of a 1997 GTP. I've wanted one of these cars for years, and I finally found the right car at the right price! It's a 97 GTP coupe, black paint with ebony leather interior. I bought the car from it's original owner (a 56 year old guy) and it is very nice with 102,xxx miles. It's completely 100% unmolested and original. I am looking forward to some nice tasteful modifications, starting with DARK window tint, then some wheels and eventually an SD rear spoiler and hood. I did have to replace both headlamps, because the lenses fell off of the originals, so I just put on some black housing headlamps (see the picture below). I am thrilled with the performance of this car in stock form, but I'm sure I will want more eventually, and that's why I joined your forum. I only hope that I can contribute as much as I gain here. Here is a very poor picture of the GTP (sorry), and a photo of a couple more of my girls, please let me know what you think.

ArkanzanWheeler
SUPER MODERATOR!!
SUPER MODERATOR!!

Postby ArkanzanWheeler » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:18 pm

Welcome to the forum. We have a great bunch of guys that will try and not steer you wrong. If you have any questions just ask, but most of the knowledge is already in the forums if you search for it and we have a "Read First" Thread that has a bunch of the commonly asked stuff in it. So beside the appearance stuff, do you have any other plans like go fast parts?
2000 Daytona GTP
lastcoupe
GTP World Enthusiast

Postby lastcoupe » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:28 pm

Thanks for the welcome, and yes, I'm sure I will do some performance mods eventually. I'll probably start with some headers and a couple flowmasters, so the engine can breath a little better. Then maybe an underdrive pulley for the SC. I just have to get it LOOKING like one of my cars first.
ArkanzanWheeler
SUPER MODERATOR!!
SUPER MODERATOR!!

Postby ArkanzanWheeler » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:46 pm

A couple of things, for these cars the stock catback is rated up to 400 hp (they did a good job designing it) and to put a smaller pulley on you will need to add some supporting mods otherwise you can damage your engine...
2000 Daytona GTP
lastcoupe
GTP World Enthusiast

Postby lastcoupe » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:33 pm

Ok, thanks, that's exactly the kind of info that I joined this forum for. You said the "catback" was sufficient, which is great, but I don't intend to replace the entire catback, just the mufflers because I want it a little louder, and I like the tone from Flowmasters.
ArkanzanWheeler
SUPER MODERATOR!!
SUPER MODERATOR!!

Postby ArkanzanWheeler » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:53 am

Just so you know that you are just replacing the mufflers for the sound and not performance, that is all...
2000 Daytona GTP
lastcoupe
GTP World Enthusiast

Postby lastcoupe » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:31 am

understood, where did you get those tailights? They look AWESOME! Do you know where I can check out some detailed pics from various angles of the different rear spoilers for these cars? I am leaning toward the SD, but I'd like to see some side-by-side pics to compare my options. Your spoiler is the factory installed Daytona 500 specific one right?
ArkanzanWheeler
SUPER MODERATOR!!
SUPER MODERATOR!!

Postby ArkanzanWheeler » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:33 pm

Tail lights are stock with the lens busted out.

I know of a hood comparing site but none for the spoilers. Maybe someone else knows, try posting the question in the general section... maybe "Help me compare rear spoilers" or something. More people go there than here. Yes my spoiler is the factory one for my Daytona edition, but it also came on the Special Editions I believe. There are 3 stock type spoilers and different ways to modify them. Here is a pic of a lifted stock spoiler:
2000 Daytona GTP
Gibby
SUPER MODERATOR!!
SUPER MODERATOR!!

Postby Gibby » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:50 pm

man I really like that gtp.. NICE
gtpforever wrote:Now I know you live in Cali so thats complicates things for you compared to the rest of us who live where we have rights

NIC cam, tuned by me. Best time of 13.35 @107. Cant keep tires from spinning during WOT shifts, need slicks.
quick98gtp
GTP World Ambassador

Postby quick98gtp » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:16 pm

i want that spoiler.....yeah i know how old the post is Troy =D

Return to “Welcome!”