Billet and Acrylic Fantasies

Introduce your self and tell us about your ride!!
Pimp4hire
GTP World Tenderfoot

Postby Pimp4hire » Fri May 08, 2009 2:26 pm

Anyone in need of any billet accessories or have an idea for something they'd like to see made, hit me up. I'll be checking in from time to time or you can reach us at billet@billetandacrylic.com.
gtpforever
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby gtpforever » Fri May 08, 2009 2:39 pm

There you have it everyone! I just have to say that your avatar has to be one of the funniest I have seen in a long while. [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/roll.gif[/img] ImageLet me know about the name for the Vendor section.
Now fixing....1998 Silvermist GTP with about 182,000 miles! Dead till fixed!!!!
Current Mods: XPZ, Stage 3 heads 150int/130exh, IRC bar/plate I/C, N*, 85mm maf, ZZP billet fuel logs, PRJ wires, 2.55, 2.8, 3.25, 3.4 pulleys and might have spun a bearing while dynoing!!!!! Worlds fastest GTP to get in the driveway to get rebuilt. No one comes close.
Image <<<<<Its BACK so watch out!
Good-luck to everyone who is true to the M90.....its like having a fat wife, sure a turbo (hot 120lb blond is better, but the M90 (fat wife) will be there forever!
gtpforever
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby gtpforever » Fri May 08, 2009 2:40 pm

Oops I forgot to add this.............
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Current Mods: XPZ, Stage 3 heads 150int/130exh, IRC bar/plate I/C, N*, 85mm maf, ZZP billet fuel logs, PRJ wires, 2.55, 2.8, 3.25, 3.4 pulleys and might have spun a bearing while dynoing!!!!! Worlds fastest GTP to get in the driveway to get rebuilt. No one comes close.
Good-luck to everyone who is true to the M90.....its like having a fat wife, sure a turbo (hot 120lb blond is better, but the M90 (fat wife) will be there forever!
85XR7Project
GTP World Literary Craftsmen (700 Club)

Postby 85XR7Project » Fri May 08, 2009 4:47 pm

Welcome. Avatar is a bit disturbing.
98 GTP- Sold
85 Cougar XR7- 351W/C4 implant in progress.
93 Accord- Sounds like a fart in a tin can but is a blast to DD.
ArkanzanWheeler
SUPER MODERATOR!!
SUPER MODERATOR!!

Postby ArkanzanWheeler » Fri May 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Billet...Yummy! How about the whole car...lol. I want to change everything that I can...lol.

I do not know what type of acrylic you have and what you can do with it but as far as billet stuff, I am swapping out my coil bracket to the bonnieville one for the weight but I hate the fact that I lose the motor mount there. How about a billet bracket instead of the cast iron one? The one to the left of the valve covers is what I am talking about:
2000 Daytona GTP
Pimp4hire
GTP World Tenderfoot

Postby Pimp4hire » Fri May 08, 2009 5:25 pm

Hard to say from the pic. All the stuff I do is machined from solid. In other words, no bending. If that part is as large as it looks in the pic., it might end up costing quite a bit. I have to admit, I don't know a lot about Pontiacs, so I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions too.
For clarification, we no longer do any acrylic work. Started out doing both billet and acrylic in '92 but stopped doing the acrylic about 10 yrs ago. The name stuck though, so we left it.
ArkanzanWheeler
SUPER MODERATOR!!
SUPER MODERATOR!!

Postby ArkanzanWheeler » Fri May 08, 2009 5:41 pm

I would guess it would take a 1 foot cube chunk to make it, how much do you charge anyways? Do you price off of the time it takes to make it or the amount of material or what? I guess that would be the deciding factor, $1000 for a bracket would not be worth the weight savings...lol. What about billet wheel spacers? We use 5 x 115mm bolt pattern.
2000 Daytona GTP
gtpforever
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby gtpforever » Fri May 08, 2009 9:04 pm

I got to thinking about some things you might be able to make. LOL! Things like a ignition coil covers, & cruise control box cover. Something else that is no longer made and there seems to be some interest in them is billet corner braces. They were really high priced and most wouldn't buy them but will try to snatch them up when they are found used. I got a used set for about $60 I think it was. I like them but they are not conformed to the bends they are supposed to be to match the factory ones and be able to be bolted down like they should be. They re very thick and I think they should be thinner for some reason. I can get pics of any of these parts as I have recently bought them all used and would gladly like to help make some new items for these cars that are actual billet. My ignition coil and cruise control covers are not billet I don't think. They are a thin metal of some sort and look like they are chrome plated. Let me know if you want some pics of them.
ArkanzanWheeler
SUPER MODERATOR!!
SUPER MODERATOR!!

Postby ArkanzanWheeler » Fri May 08, 2009 9:22 pm

Something like those covers would be better made by sheet aluminum being cut, bent on a brake, welded together, and then polished if you want the shine, but billet fender braces might be good if they are cheap enough.

Some more Billet ideas, Strut tower braces, M112/M90 Hybrid adapters for the Gen 5 M90 case, fender braces, wheel spacers...
2000 Daytona GTP
gtpforever
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby gtpforever » Fri May 08, 2009 10:27 pm

I thought of something else that I have seen on a CAI vendor and here is the pic..................
I am referring to the billet engine mount cover on the radiator side in this pic.
Image <p>I would think this would be able to be made just like the battery, & fuse box covers. [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif[/img] I SURE as hell would buy those!!! Just that small item on the front of the engine bay would make it POP!
</p>
Pimp4hire
GTP World Tenderfoot

Postby Pimp4hire » Sat May 09, 2009 5:53 am

Best to post pics, and then if it looks like something we can do, I may ask you to send the part or a template. I offer a generous discount to whoever sends the part/template if it is a marketable item, and not a one-off.
gtpforever
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby gtpforever » Sat May 09, 2009 11:33 am

Sweet! So what do you think of the cover thing for the radiator side of the dogbone mount? I think that looks easy and already resembles some things you guys make although I think something like that would look awesome with the Pontiac arrowhead on it facing the front of the car.
Pimp4hire
GTP World Tenderfoot

Postby Pimp4hire » Sun May 10, 2009 4:25 am

No problem with a template
micromud
GTP World Cardinal

Postby micromud » Thu May 21, 2009 4:12 pm

Welcome

Return to “Welcome!”