Locked Threads

Problem with things on the site???? Talk to the man!!!!!!
snorulz
GTP World Nobel Prize Winner (1800 Club)

Locked Threads

Postby snorulz » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:59 pm

Why is it that i keep seeing threads getting locked for no real reason. Threads used to NEVER get locked on here and it seemed to work fine. What changed? I recall getting bashed once over a year ago for saying we should ban a certain topic, locking a thread isn't really any different.
DarkRelic
GTP World Janitor (3000 Club)

Locked Threads

Postby DarkRelic » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:57 pm

That's a something you should send a PM to the one who locked them on. Also something that should be in the complaint thread. But I'm not really sure why. I think Troy locked the last one, so try asking him.
-Matt
-250,xxx miles
3.4"pulley Gen V, SLP RR, SLP Headers/Cat-Back, ZZP PCM, Eibach/AGX suspension, GMPP full upgrade kit, GMPP rear STB, WBS Perf. control arms (all 4 corners), TEP 3.29 transmission, F-Body Brakes, Modified Projector Headlights, CAI, 180*therm, AL104, WBS OS Radiator, 18x7.5" Verde Protocol Wheels
snorulz

Locked Threads

Postby snorulz » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:56 pm

how do you know who locked it?
gixer2000
SUPER MODERATOR!!
SUPER MODERATOR!!

Locked Threads

Postby gixer2000 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:02 pm

you cant tell who locked it! you have to ask the mods. I dont know why it matters if a thread is locked. its locked for a reason! If anymore needed to be said on the topic then it wouldnt be locked.
snorulz

Locked Threads

Postby snorulz » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:18 pm

Since when is it up to a mod to decide if anymore is needed to be said?!?! my problem is that a mod doesn't really need a reason to lock a thread, and most of the time they don't even state why it is locked, they just lock it. This is a far cry from what i was told over a year ago. Like i said before, we never used to have locked threads and now recently there have been several. There are special cases when it would be in the best interest of everyone to lock a thread but i am yet to see one on this site.
gixer2000
SUPER MODERATOR!!
SUPER MODERATOR!!

Locked Threads

Postby gixer2000 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:41 pm

you tell me what thread your talking about and ill tell you why its locked. the only thread that i can think of that was locked was the troy and brian pissing match.
gixer2000
SUPER MODERATOR!!
SUPER MODERATOR!!

Locked Threads

Postby gixer2000 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:04 am

I just looked again and there are 2 threads locked in the first 10 pages. If you read both threads then you will notice they both fall onto the same topic.

my problem is that a mod doesn't really need a reason to lock a thread, and most of the time they don't even state why it is locked, they just lock it.
The mods do not have to give anyone a reason why the thread is locked. If one of us locked it then it was for a reason!

There are special cases when it would be in the best interest of everyone to lock a thread but i am yet to see one on this site.
Image You didnt even read the locked threads before you posted did you??

we never used to have locked threads and now recently there have been several.
Thats because we had an admin who didnt care and just let everything go.

***copied from the site rules section
All posts shall become the sole property of the operators of the GTPWORLD Forum. We reserve the right to modify, delete or make use of all messages in any way whatsoever at our sole discretion. Freedom of Speech is limited to the constraints of the Forum Rules and subject to change at any time without notice. If you feel you cannot abide by these Rules, or dont agree with them, please refrain from using this Forum.
R3BEL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Locked Threads

Postby R3BEL » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:19 am

ImageLooks like THIS is going to be a locked thread Image
-+-+-+- I have a Fast 2004 GTP Comp G and a Stock 98 GTP Details comming soon... K thx. -+-+-+-
gixer2000
SUPER MODERATOR!!
SUPER MODERATOR!!

Locked Threads

Postby gixer2000 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:35 am

need to give him some time to reply before it gets locked. if it goes further down the sh!tter it will get locked. if he read the rules page this topic never would have been started
DarkRelic

Locked Threads

Postby DarkRelic » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:59 am

The whole pissing match thing was rediculous and didn't offer anything productive to the good of the forum in my opinion. I can understand why those where locked.

There was one posting that I added to saying the problem isn't the people, it's the layout.... The layout still hasn't been changed but at least the petty problems stopped, well until this thread.
-Matt
-250,xxx miles
3.4"pulley Gen V, SLP RR, SLP Headers/Cat-Back, ZZP PCM, Eibach/AGX suspension, GMPP full upgrade kit, GMPP rear STB, WBS Perf. control arms (all 4 corners), TEP 3.29 transmission, F-Body Brakes, Modified Projector Headlights, CAI, 180*therm, AL104, WBS OS Radiator, 18x7.5" Verde Protocol Wheels
Boscofirefighter
GTP World Selectee

Locked Threads

Postby Boscofirefighter » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:26 am

way to much drama going on around here that i dont need so i will just quit visiting for awhile...hope you guys figure your $+!! out....its turning into ls1tech in here where your booting and deleting things just to prove your higher then the rest of us...good luck keeping member when all you do is start pissing matches...your right we are wrong...my aim is the same as my screen name on aim so if any of you wanna get ahold of me you can if not well maybe if i ever get another gtp i may come back if this site is still around
gtpforever
Site Owner
Site Owner

Locked Threads

Postby gtpforever » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:30 am

What thread is he talking about??? I can look and see who has locked anything through my logging link. I see everything from deleted, locked, moved, & modified and who did the action. I also can undo any change that has taken affect. This was incorporated into the site to help prevent what happened when Dads Sleeper had gone a little nuts and removed everything we had on the site back in the day. I don't want this to ever happen again. [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/happy.gif[/img] So if you tell me what thread it is I will let you know what happened and why if I can.
This goes for all members, if a thread of your disappears or something happens to it you can try to find out by asking mods but if that gets you no where just let me know and we will find out.[img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif[/img]
Now fixing....1998 Silvermist GTP with about 182,000 miles! Dead till fixed!!!!
Current Mods: XPZ, Stage 3 heads 150int/130exh, IRC bar/plate I/C, N*, 85mm maf, ZZP billet fuel logs, PRJ wires, 2.55, 2.8, 3.25, 3.4 pulleys and might have spun a bearing while dynoing!!!!! Worlds fastest GTP to get in the driveway to get rebuilt. No one comes close.
Image <<<<<Its BACK so watch out!
Good-luck to everyone who is true to the M90.....its like having a fat wife, sure a turbo (hot 120lb blond is better, but the M90 (fat wife) will be there forever!
snorulz

Locked Threads

Postby snorulz » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:38 am

Troy, the thread that made me write this post was the president poll. I am not condoning it or saying i liked all the comments on it but i fail to see a reason to lock the thread. The "pissing matches" that were locked i more understand but still question the locking of them. If you look, you will not find a single post in them from me. I chose to not get involved. I chose not to post, and that should be my choice and not the mods. In some ways, i think anything that is bad enough to deserved to be locked should just be altogether deleted. I will send you a pm.

Gixer,
1) The mods should post a reason when they lock a thread!
2) Yes i did read the threads! Just because i wasn't dumb enough to post in the "pissing matches" doesn't mean they were not read!
3) You are correct about having an admin who didn't care, but it is possible to have to much control and i don't want to see this site go there. Troy has made HUGE improvements in the site and i thank him for that.
4) Thank you! You just proved my point with your "going down the sh!tter" remark and your threat to lock this thread.
5) Wrong again, i have read the rules section, just because the ability is given doesn't make it right every time it is used!

Purplebird94, you hit the nail on the head. Depending on how this goes, i may be following in your footsteps.
DarkRelic

Locked Threads

Postby DarkRelic » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:54 am

Well, from what I can see this is an easy fix....

If anyone locks a thread, post at the end of the thread with an explanation. There really is no need for drama and hard feelings to cause members to leave. And this forum has no where near any of the drama I've seen on other forums.

As for the Abuse of Admin/Moderator Power, I havn't really seen any on this forum personally. On many other forums, members regularly get banned and have to tread softly around certain people with god complexes. (clubGP comes to mind)

Luke, I gotta tell you... having a posting that's only real complaint is the lack of an explanation of a locked thread that has nothing to do with grand prix's is a pretty shitty reason to threaten to leave. I'm all about getting new members and keeping quality members, but this thread you've created right here is Scaring away members and causing drama. And if I was to Delete it, that would be my reason.
-Matt
-250,xxx miles
snorulz

Locked Threads

Postby snorulz » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:08 pm

Matt,
I don't even know where to begin,
If you want to make assumptions about me and the reasons i might do something thats fine but don't blame me for scaring members away! I am not to blame for the way this thread turned out. I asked a question and Troy was the only one who gave a solution to getting the answer to the question i asked. Everyone else had a different agenda. After viewing the responses in this thread i believe i know where the problems may lie and its crap like this that would be the real cause if i was to leave. So i guess moral of the story is don't question the moderators because they are always right.

out of respect for this site i will discontinue commenting in this thread and maybe the site as a whole since i must be the problem. Since i am blamed to have caused all the drama this is the only way i know how to end it.

Return to “Complaint Department”