Got new rotors for the car................

Upgrades for the rides stopping and stance!

Moderator: grandprixfamily

gtpforever
Site Owner
Site Owner

Got new rotors for the car................

Postby gtpforever » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:52 pm

Well I have needed some rotors for the car for some time now cause of my rear drivers side pads being gone and eating the rotor. (rust on a chrome rim not good hope I can get it cleaned off) Well i finally bought some rotors after searching all over till I found a set I liked the design of being that I wanted drilled and slotted. They are F-body upgraded fronts and stock rears. I didn't want the plain drill slot but wanted some slightly different in looks. Here they are when they arrived today (don't mind the crappy pic as I took it with my sell in a hurry)...............
Now fixing....1998 Silvermist GTP with about 182,000 miles! Dead till fixed!!!!
Current Mods: XPZ, Stage 3 heads 150int/130exh, IRC bar/plate I/C, N*, 85mm maf, ZZP billet fuel logs, PRJ wires, 2.55, 2.8, 3.25, 3.4 pulleys and might have spun a bearing while dynoing!!!!! Worlds fastest GTP to get in the driveway to get rebuilt. No one comes close.
Image <<<<<Its BACK so watch out!
Good-luck to everyone who is true to the M90.....its like having a fat wife, sure a turbo (hot 120lb blond is better, but the M90 (fat wife) will be there forever!
gtpforever
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Got new rotors for the car................

Postby gtpforever » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:37 pm

More images for you but with a better camera...................

Current Mods: XPZ, Stage 3 heads 150int/130exh, IRC bar/plate I/C, N*, 85mm maf, ZZP billet fuel logs, PRJ wires, 2.55, 2.8, 3.25, 3.4 pulleys and might have spun a bearing while dynoing!!!!! Worlds fastest GTP to get in the driveway to get rebuilt. No one comes close.
Good-luck to everyone who is true to the M90.....its like having a fat wife, sure a turbo (hot 120lb blond is better, but the M90 (fat wife) will be there forever!
eGTX03
GTP World Untouchable (1100 Club)

Postby eGTX03 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:55 am

I like em... . the crosshatching looks good too..... :)

im looking to do new fbody brakes in the spring, but am still trying to determine the best way......
2003 Limited Edition GPGTX::Stage 3 By SLP
SLP mods::Ram-Air H-O Hood w/ GTX Cold-Air Box::SLP 2.5" Stainless Magnaflow Cat-Bak::3.5 pulley::Handling package::GMPP Tubular Trailing Arms::Scanguage II w/ XGUAGE::Poly Offset Motor Mounts (ZZP) :: Xenon Conversion::ZZP 1.0PCM::3 gauge A-pillar:: Stewart Warner Performance gauges ::Clear Corners
3" ZZP DP/HFcat::AL104's

COMING SOON :HEADERS/PEMs :: 3.4 MPS::
gtpforever
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby gtpforever » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Well the kits from vendors will be the easiest cause they come with everything you need but they are pricey. Now the cheapest way to do it is to buy all of the parts used separately and piece it together but you have to buy from so many places to me that would be annoying. LOL! gtptim is doing that right now as we speak and believe me it is WAY cheaper! He got calipers and everything from the Camaro for like $65 I think just no rotor or pads but it could have been a tad higher cause I can't remember what he said. I have a second full complete set of used rotors, calipers, & pads and stuff all still mounted together. LOL! The nice thing about have the whole set still together is that any one of us could take this set and get the mounting stuff and bolt it directly to the car and still use the rotors and pads without issues cause its been used together since installed on the Camaro. My step brother who got them for me at his work said that they are drilled and slotted rotors to but I do not know what they look like myself.

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”